Chandigarh is a city in the northern part of India that is known for its modern architecture and city planning. It is the capital of the states of Punjab and Haryana and is considered one of the most well-planned cities in India. Here are the top five places to visit in Chandigarh:
- Rock Garden: The Rock Garden is a sculpture garden that was created by Nek Chand, a self-taught artist. It is made up of recycled materials and features a range of sculptures, including waterfalls, animals, and figures.
- Sukhna Lake: Sukhna Lake is a man-made lake that is popular for boating, picnics, and birdwatching. It is surrounded by a park and has a beautiful view of the Shivalik hills.
- Government Museum and Art Gallery: The Government Museum and Art Gallery is a museum that houses a collection of Indian art and artifacts. It is located in the Capitol Complex, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Rose Garden: The Rose Garden is a public park that is home to more than 50,000 varieties of roses. It is a popular spot for picnics and outdoor activities.
- The Open Hand Monument: The Open Hand Monument is a symbol of peace and reconciliation, and is located in the Capitol Complex. It was designed by the French architect Le Corbusier and is a popular tourist attraction.