Outdoor fountains have many advantages, but indoor fountains have even more. Indoor water fountains come in various forms, sizes, and designs. Here are six advantages of indoor water fountains you can look forwards to enjoying, whether you’re searching for a wall fountain or a free-standing one:-
- The ambiance is calming: Any space may benefit from the soothing sound of water trickling in an indoor fountain. It doesn’t matter if you’re relaxing in your living room or sitting in the dentist’s waiting room; water features may help individuals unwind and relax. Visitors are more likely to return in the future if the atmosphere is pleasant.
- Intriguing and Stylish Design: Today’s indoor fountains are more diverse in design, form, and materials. Modern indoor fountains may complement and enhance various interior design styles. A beautiful and functional fountain is a beautiful addition to your home or office.
- Improves the Air Quality: Negative ions are released when water from your indoor water features evaporates. It’s easier to breathe when the air is cleaner with negative ions than when it isn’t. Additionally, breathing fresh air improves your ability to concentrate better.
- A Humidifier in a Bottle: Water fountains, wall-mounted and free-standing, increase the humidity in a space. This is a lifesaver when suffering from a cold or another sickness that causes congestion. Your indoor plants will also benefit from a rise in humidity, which will keep them healthy and bright.
- Enhances the standard of living: A water feature in your house may be a terrific stress reliever; it induces a sense of calm and relaxation. Better health and a higher quality of life go hand in hand when one gets enough sleep and manages to reduce stress.
- Minimal Requirements for Intervention: A weekly or biweekly water refill and a complete cleaning every four to six months are all required to keep a home water fountain in good working order. Turning off the fountain, emptying water, and washing the fountain’s outer and inner surfaces are all required for cleaning.
Indoor Fountain Types
Tabletop, wall, and free-standing fountains are the most common forms of indoor fountains.
- Wall-mounted fountains: These fountains are typically rectangular and may be hung vertically or horizontally. On the bottom of each one is a little reservoir where the pump resides, and the water flows back and forth through it. There are one or three panels on this wall fountain, and they come in various sizes. Depending on the location, wall-mounted fountains can be built from multiple materials such as fiberglass, glass, resin, and stone.
- Free-standing structures: They can stand independently because of the water reservoir’s substantial weight and sturdiness. Free-standing indoor fountains, like wall-mounted models, are available in a wide range of materials and styles, with or without additional features like LED illumination.
- Tabletop: They are the smallest and lightest of the indoor fountains since they are designed to rest on a counter, desk, or tabletop. More options are available for these fountains than wall-mounted and free-standing fountains in terms of their design variety. A logo, on the other hand, cannot be added to any of these fountains.
Feng Shui and the Use of Water Features Indoors
Feng Shui is an old Chinese pseudo-science in which the strategic arrangement of furniture and home appliances links a person with the energy of their environment. Bagua, Chi (energy), and the natural elements are three essential ideas in Feng Shui (the center of energy in a space where the perfect harmonious balance is).
Water is a beneficial force connecting man to the tranquil and harmonious spirit of the universe, which is why fountains are standard in Feng Shui-designed spaces.