The recent Mason Frank careers and hiring guide provided so many interesting insights about Salesforce Administrator jobs, their salaries, and demand in the market.
85% of the Salesforce professionals believed that Salesforce certifications are a very important factor that increases their earning potential as a Salesforce Administrator. 92% of the Salesforce professionals believed that Salesforce Administrator certification helps them stand out in the competition.
Salesforce Administrators are paid in the range of 92,250 USD to 114,500 at the junior level. But there is a significant hike in the salary with certification and years of technical experience.
These numbers show the importance of Salesforce Administrator certification for everyone who aspires to make a career as an Admin in Salesforce. The Salesforce Administrator exam is the basic fundamental level exam that every Salesforce aspirant should take before taking any other certification exam.
So, you should take this exam to give a good kickstart to your career in Salesforce. But, if you are a fresher, we highly recommend you to have 6 months to 1 year of experience in Salesforce. Then only this exam will make sense to you and help you boost your career.
Download Salesforce Learning App for Android / Salesforce Learning App for iOS and get certification-ready in as little as 2 weeks – Set Goal, Get an AI-Powered Personalized Plan, Track Your Cert Readiness, and much more
If you already have basic work experience working on Salesforce, then keep reading this post. We have created this post to help you get acquainted with the Salesforce Administrator course so that you can prepare for it effectively.
We will discuss how you can approach each topic in the course. It will not only help you prepare for the certification but also grasp the concepts and apply them in real life. Because when you are looking for a job, what you can do for the organization matters more than what you know in theory.
So, let’s start with the overview of the exam. Later, we will discuss topics covered in the Salesforce Administrator course.
Salesforce Administrator Course for the Exam
Here’s the overview of the Salesforce Administrator exam.
- There will be 60 multiple-choice questions and 5 additional questions without any score.
- You need to secure 65% to get certified. It means you need to crack 39 correct answers out of 60.
- You will be allotted 105 minutes to clear 60 questions. So, you have 1 minute and 45 seconds for each question.
- If you take this exam for the first time, then the exam cost will be 200 USD. For every reattempt, you will have to pay 100 USD.
Salesforce Administrator Course
Here is a brief overview of topics covered in the exam with their weightage and approximate numbers of the questions.
Configuration & Setup: 20%
The Weightage of this section is 20%, and you can expect approx 12 questions in the exam.
- Describe the information found in the company settings (For example, company settings, fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings).
- Distinguish and understand the administration of declarative configuration of the User Interface. (For example, UI settings, app menu, list views, global actions, Lightning App Builder).
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the proper setup and maintenance of users.
- Explain the various organization Security Controls. (For example, Setup Audit Trail, Login Hours, Session Settings)
- Given a user request scenario, apply the appropriate security controls based on the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model. (For example, public groups, org-wide default, sharing: roles, subordinates, hierarchy, report, and dashboard folders).
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile or permission set using the various profile settings and permissions.
Object Manager & Lightning App Builder: 20%
The Weightage of this section is 20%, and you can expect approx 12 questions in the exam.
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model. (For example, standard object, parent/child, master-detail/lookup/junction relationships, and record types.)
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields and page layouts on standard and custom objects, and know the implications of deleting fields.
- Given a scenario, determine how to create and assign page layouts, record types, and business processes for custom and standard objects.
Sales & Marketing Applications: 12%
The Weightage of this section is 12%, and you can expect approx 6-7 questions in the exam.
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process. (For example, sales process, opportunity, path, and forecast impact.)
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate sales productivity features using opportunity tools. (For example, dashboards, lead scoring, Einstein opportunity scoring, and home page assistant.)
- Describe the capabilities of lead automation tools and campaign management. (For example, leads, lead convert, lead assignment rules, campaign, and campaign members.)
Service & Support Applications: 11%
This section is complementary to the sales and market section. It covers after-sales customer service and support. The weightage of this section is 11%, and you can expect approx 6-7 questions in the exam.
- Describe the capabilities of case management. (For example, case, case assignment rules, and queues.)
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate case management. (For example, support process, case auto-response rules, and case escalation.)
Productivity & Collaboration: 7%
The weightage of this section is 7%, and you can expect approx 4 questions in the exam.
- Describe the capabilities of activity management.
- Describe the features of Chatter.
- Describe the capabilities of the Salesforce Mobile App.
- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications.
Data & Analytics Management: 14%
The Weightage of this section is 14%, and you can expect approx 8-9 questions in the exam.
- Describe the contemplations when importing, updating, transferring, mass deleting, exporting, and backing up data.
- Describe the capabilities and implications of data validation tools.
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report or report type.
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (e.g., dashboard components, data sources, chart types, Subscribing, running user).
Workflow/Process Automation: 16%
The weightage of this section is 16%, and you can expect almost 10 questions in workflow and automation.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate automation solution based on the capabilities of the tool.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for Flow.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for the approval process.
How to Start Preparing for the Course?
As we saw that Salesforce had emphasized scenario-based questions and the applicability of the concepts in the course, you should approach the course accordingly.
Merely cramming the concept will not help much. Even if it helps by any luck, it won’t be helpful to land a good job because you will have to demonstrate the skills along with certification. Certification alone does not guarantee a good job. So, prepare for the course keeping this thing in mind.
Follow these steps along with preparing for the Salesforce Administrator course . It will help you clear the exam with a good score and help you digest all the concepts easily.
- As you are now aware of all the topics and their weightage, list them down on a note and make a preparation calendar. Prioritize the topics in your calendar as per their importance in the exam.
- The best way to learn is by doing it. Theories will not make any sense to you until you apply them on the Salesforce platform. So, read each sub-topic and create real-life scenarios and apply your theoretical knowledge in practice for your project. We promise that you will never forget that concept after doing that.
- The best way to learn concepts with practical experience is by joining a genuine online learning platform. Online learning platforms provide you with the flexibility to learn at your convenience. Moreover, you get guidance from industry experts in the online learning platform. You can learn a lot from their experience.
- Socialize with like-minded people who are preparing for the Salesforce Administrator exam. Join online communities for that. You can also join the community provided by the online learning platform so that you can prepare along with people with similar goals. It will help you solve your doubts and keep you updated with all the latest developments in the exam. Networking with people helps you clear the course as well as get a good-paying job.
- Do not refer to unauthorized study materials for preparation. It will misguide you and create confusion. First, check whether your study material is authorized by Salesforce.
- Make a habit of writing notes while reading theory. Notes and flashcards help you revise the concepts before the exam. Some online learning platforms provide notes, flashcards, and premium question dumps as well. You can take their help during the preparation.
- Take mock tests along with preparation for the course. Mock tests will reinforce your concepts and make you prepared for the exam. You can learn time management by taking mock tests. Do not take the actual exam until you perform fairly well in the mock tests. Take the help of your mentors and peers from the online learning platforms to cross-verify your answers in mock tests. This practice will make you better with every mock test.
Follow these steps along with your course to make your preparation strong for the exam.
So, that’s all about the Salesforce Administrator course. Proper planning and timely execution is the key to completing this course and clearing the exam. Online learning platforms are the big helping hands during this task.
You receive proper guidance, authentic materials, and a quality network from online learning platforms in the convenience and comfort of your home. So, investing in an online learning platform is a good idea if you are determined to become a certified Salesforce Administrator. Good Luck!