To convert your Blogspot blog to a custom domain, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase a domain name: You need to purchase a domain name from a domain registrar, such as GoDaddy or Namecheap. Choose a domain name that is relevant to your blog and easy to remember.
- Verify your domain ownership: After purchasing the domain, you need to verify that you own the domain. You can do this by adding a TXT record or a CNAME record to your domain’s DNS settings. The verification process varies depending on your domain registrar.
- Set up domain forwarding: Once you have verified your domain ownership, you need to set up domain forwarding. This will redirect visitors from your Blogspot URL to your custom domain. To do this, go to your Blogspot dashboard and select “Settings” > “Basic” > “Publishing”. Under “Blog Address”, select “Set up a third-party URL for your blog” and enter your custom domain name.
- Update DNS settings: In the “Set up a third-party URL for your blog” section, Blogspot will provide you with two CNAME records that you need to add to your domain’s DNS settings. You can do this by logging in to your domain registrar’s website and accessing your domain’s DNS settings. Add the two CNAME records provided by Blogspot.
- Wait for DNS propagation: It may take several hours or even up to 48 hours for the DNS changes to propagate. During this time, your blog may be inaccessible.
Once the DNS changes have propagated, visitors to your Blogspot URL will be automatically redirected to your custom domain. Make sure to update any links to your blog that may exist on other websites or social media platforms to reflect your new custom domain.