In SEO, local links are links that point to a website from other websites that are local to the business. These links can be from local news outlets, directories, or other businesses in the area. Local links can help to improve a website’s visibility in local search results, as they signal to search engines that the website is relevant to a particular geographic area.
To earn local links, a business can:
- Create high-quality, informative content that is relevant to the local area.
- Reach out to local news outlets and ask if they would be willing to feature the business or link to its website.
- Submit the business to local online directories, such as Yelp or Google My Business.
- Network with other local businesses and ask if they would be willing to link to the website.
- Participate in local events and sponsor local organizations.
- Create a Google My Business listing and encourage customers to leave reviews.
It’s important to note that earning local links should be part of a holistic SEO strategy that also includes other tactics such as on-page optimization and link building.
Best backlinks for local SEO
Backlinks are an important factor in local SEO as they signal to search engines that a website is reputable and relevant to a specific geographic area. The best backlinks for local SEO are those that come from high-authority, relevant websites that are local to the business. These types of backlinks can help to improve a website’s visibility in local search results.
Some examples of the best backlinks for local SEO include:
- Local directories and review websites: Submitting a business to local directories such as Yelp, Google My Business, or Yellow Pages can help to improve visibility in local search results. Encouraging customers to leave positive reviews on these sites can also help to boost a website’s reputation.
- Local news outlets and publications: Securing a mention or feature in a local news outlet or publication can provide a website with a valuable backlink, as well as increased visibility and credibility.
- Local business associations and chambers of commerce: Joining a local business association or chamber of commerce can provide a website with a backlink from a relevant, high-authority website.
- Local bloggers and influencers: Building relationships with local bloggers and influencers can provide a website with valuable backlinks, as well as increased visibility and credibility.
- Local events and sponsorships: Participating in local events or sponsoring local organizations can provide a website with valuable backlinks, as well as increased visibility and credibility.
It’s important to note that backlink building should be done in a natural way and avoid any black hat techniques like buying links, link farms, and link exchanges. Also, having a diverse backlink profile is important and not only focuses on getting local backlinks.