Q. What is UI-Kit in Pega Application?
Ans:- UI-Kit is a Library. The UI Kit ruleset contains hundreds of rules related to styling.
Q. What is Case Type? Why do we use it? and What are the Benefits of it in the Business?
Ans:- Case type is the business model of any business transaction. We use Case Type because to model the online order transaction in Pega Platform, you define an online order case type that advances from submission to processing and then delivery.
Benefits Of Case Type: Save time, reduce costs and increase the flexibility of your application by reusing child case types in different scenarios.
Q. How can we skip the stage in Case Type?
Ans:- We can skip the stage with the help of options available in the configuration pane which appears on the right side of the work area. Also In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open. On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle. In the Case life cycle section, click a stage name. In the Skip stage list, select Never.
Q. What is Ruleset and Why do we use it? and Which rules for which purpose?
Ans:- A ruleset identifies, stores, and manages the set of rules that define an application or a major portion of an application. We use Ruleset because Ruleset versioning helps developers identify and manage changes to an application
Q. What is the Alternate Stage and Why do we use it?
Ans:- Alternate stages are used to organize actions that take place outside the normal sequence of the case life cycle. Primary Stages always follow a happy path if we have negative scenarios then we use alternate stages.
Q. What is Datatype? Why do we use it and What are its advantages?
Ans:- Data Type is Just like a Table which will have Data Storage. We use because Data types provide a way for developers to group a set of fields to describe a single object.
Advantages Of Data Type:
1.It is used to store various types of data using data type.
Q. What is ECS? Advantages of ECS?
Ans:- ECS is Enterprise class Structure. The main purpose of ECS is reusability. Pega Platform supports a class hierarchy structure also called ECS.
Hierarchy of ECS
Pega Platform Org-Div-Unit Framework and implementation layers
The Base class of Pega is a PEGA platform.
Q: What are Advanced Shapes in Pega? Differentiate between them?
Ans:- Split Join: Use Split join Shape to define two or more sub-processes that can run independently but in parallel later they can rejoin.
Split For Each: Use Split For Each in this we can provide only one flow. This particular flow will be executed for all the pages within the page list. Using SplitForEach Flow shape we can call one sub-flow and pass a page list parameter.
Spin-Off: It is parallel processing also we can say it’s an independent process where a user can perform on the assignment at any time. but not when another user is performing on the main flow assignment. Spin-Off flow user can work only when the case is not acquired by any user.
Q. What is Decision Rule? Difference between Decision Table and Decision Tree?
Ans:- Decision rules are one of the most common rules in Pega. It helps you to the correct decision among the multiple options.
Decision Table/Decision Tree
The decision Table uses a Set of conditions to test property value and return an appropriate result.
A Decision Tree is used to handle the business logic to return a result from a set of nested conditions.
Map Value is a rule that converts one or two input values to calculated results values using a matrix to look up the result.
Q. Difference between OBJ-Methods and RDB-Methods?
Ans:- Obj Methods & RDB Methods work on Rulebase tables as well as external DB tables, but the RDB method can fetch only Exposed columns.
Obj Methods can fetch the content saved inside the BLOB column.
RDB methods can NOT fetch content available inside BLOB, it can retrieve BLOB as a BLOB.
Q. Differentiate Between Connector and Services?
Ans:- Connector: Connectors pass application data to an external data source through required or optional parameters and parse the response to map source data to the data structure used in the application.
Services: Services allow you to expose the data and functionality of your application to external systems.
Q. Define Loop in Activity?
Ans:- With the help of the Loop option we can loop through all the pages, page list, and page group, Value List, Value Group properties.
Q. Difference between Screen flow and process flow?
|Process Flow||Screen Flow|
|1. It can create a work object.||It can’t create a work object.|
|2. For every assignment we see submit button, which means when an assignment is completed we can’t navigate back.||For every assignment, we get the next, back, and finish buttons available. We can navigate between assignments.|
|3. Harness can be called on each assignment.||The harness can be called on start shape.|
|4. Routing is available on assignment shape.||Routing is available on Start shape.|
|5. Flow action can be called on assignment shape onward connector. Here we can call multiple flow-action per assignment.||Flow actions can be called on the assignment shape itself only one flow action per assignment is possible.|
Q. What is Background Processing?
Ans:- Background processing is useful when a process-intensive task or automation is required. Executing tasks in the background allows users to continue the case or other work and improves system scalability and performance. For example, a company needs users to regularly process and upload batch files to an external content management system. Users need to perform uploads while processing new cases without experiencing delays in performance.
Q. How to call a report in an activity?
Ans:- Report can be called in the activity using the method” call Rule-Obj-Report-Definition. pxRetrieveReportData” and the details of the report can be passed in the step parameters. The report will not be run on UI, but its values will be stored in a temporary page that you have to create or pyReportContentPage by default
Q. What is conflict & completeness in Decision Table?
Ans:- Conflicts are reported as warning messages when you save the form and when you use the Guardrails landing page for the application.
Show completeness identifies a decision table that has missing conditions or a decision tree that has missing branches. The system adds rows to indicate tests that are missing in the original decision rule.
Q. What’s the use of the Call superclass data transform checkbox?
Ans:- You use the superclass feature when you call a data transform to set a different default value for the same property within a hierarchy of subclasses.
Q. What is an Activity?
Ans:- Activity is a rule which is used to implement business logic. It can be created under Technical Category. Activity rules automate the system when more appropriate rule types are not available.
Q. What are Data Pages?
Ans:- It helps us to cache the data. The data page is a shared page on Server’s Clipboard. It can be created under the model category.
Ans:- A data page retrieves data from a specified data source and caches that data in memory.
- The Number of hits reduced to the database
- Reduced the time to load in UI
- Overall performance of the application is improved.
- Page – this type of data page holds a single instance.
- List – this type of data page holds multiple instances.
- Read Only
- Node – This data page will be available for sharing with all work object multiple times. Eg- Country, Currency.
- Requestors – This data page will be available for sharing across multiple work objects of a single requestor session but not with other requestors.
- Thread – This data page will be available for sharing only within one specific work object multiple times but not available for other work objects.
Q. What are the Data Sources available in Data Pages?
- Data Transform
- Report definition
- Robotic automation
- Robotic desktop automation
- Aggregate sources
Q. What is the use of Simulate data sources?
Ans:- If there’s some conflict then we select this checkbox to provide us temporary data.
Q. What are Declarative Rules?
Ans:- Automatic fire these types of rules.
- Declare Expression – Eg- When we add two inputs for Sum and system will calculate it.
- Declare On change- Onchange helps us to fire activity when the value of property changes. e.g- “Country changed to “+.Country
- Declare Trigger- Whenever we have interaction with the Database. E.g – Insert, Update, delete or commit, We can fire one Trigger Activity.
- Declare Index- Whenever we have to fetch the data in the Report we use Declare index. As we are referring to an embedded property that is a part of a Pagelist in such cases it will create declare index rule for us. At the same time it will create an index class and .index DB table as well and also it will provide the necessary mappings.
Q. What is Data Transform?
Ans:- It will help you to transform the data from one format to another.
Q. How many actions are in Data Transform?
Ans:- Set, UpdatePage, When, OtherWise When, Apply Data Transform, Append To, Append And Map To, Remove
Q. What are the calling functions in the expression builder in Data Transform?
Q. What is the difference between Job Scheduler and Queue Processor?
Q. How to save the Data or Record from the UI in the DB Table?
Ans:- There are many methods to save the Data in the database from the UI. Like Using Activity, Savable Data Page, and Data Transform
By Using Activity we have to follow these steps-
- Create Data Type in the DataLayer (InformationList) and add fields to it. eg. Customer ID, First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number, etc.
- Go to Records and click on configure source then choose the Primary key e.g Customer ID.
- Create Property e.g Information, choose data type is Single Page
- Create an Activity SaveRecord then Add the Steps in the Activity
- Go to Pages & Classes and Add Pages – Product and Classes- KBank-Data-Products (Add your data Class)
- Go to case type then chooses the particular stage and add one assignment to create the flow action, section, and Add the required fields in the UI.
- Goto Flow Action in Action Tabs- Post-processing Section
- After completing these above steps go to your case and fill in the information and check those added fields in the record tab in the KBank-Data-Products (Data class).
- You will see the new records added in your Records Page
Q. How to Update 100+ records in Pega
Ans:- By Using Activity we have to follow these steps-
- Go to the activity and add the Obj-Browse method to fetch all the records from the Database.
- Go to the pages & classes and follow these steps, given in the screenshot
Q. How to show the records in the UI by using Data Page?
Ans: Step:1- Create a Data Type then add 4-5 fields in it.
Step:2- Go to Record Tab and click on Configure Source then Add Some records.
Step:3- Create one section where you want to show the records in the UI.
Step:4- Choose Table from the layout and Double click on the table header the popup window will appear.
Step:5- In Data Source choose Data Page.
Step:6- Go to Data type then click on the data type whichever you have created in the List (D_AddressesList) and then copy the data class and paste it in the Popup (Data page).
Step:7- Go to the Section table and add the label and its properties whatever you have created in the records.
Step:8- Then Save it and Launch Portal and then you will see the list of records whatever you have added in the Records tab.