You can find the latest Pega 8.7 Exam Question and Answers. With the help of these questions and answers, you can clear the Pega Certified System Architects exam and get the certification.
Q1:- In an Order case type, a percentage-based discount is automatically applied to a customer’s order based on:
- The number of years the customer has been a member
- The membership type (Standard, Silver, or Gold)
How do you configure a Configuration setting to determine the discount?
Default value:- Calculated value from Decision Table
Q3:-A developer discovers that a calculated property value is returning an unexpected result.
Which two features of the Tracer tool allow you to diagnose the problem without significantly affecting application performance? (Choose Two)
- The Clipboard tool
- The Event monitor
- The Watch function
Q4:- For which use case do you create a new rule in a Pega Platform application? (Radio Button)
- A developer makes changes to an email message that is configured in the case life cycle.
- A designer reuses a UI section every time the same behavior is needed in the application.
- A designer uses Design mode at runtime to modify a view to use a two-column template.
- A developer creates a parallel process to audit the changes that a service agent makes.
Q5:- During testing, you notice that the Send case status email step does not send an email.
Which work item do you create in Agile Workbench to address this issue? (Radio Button)
- User Story
Q6:- Which scenario requires you to make updates in Dev Studio? (Radio Button)
- A new confirmation view displays a read-only text property.
- A task is reassigned when it reaches a service-level agreement goal.
- A customer representative can approve or reject a claim.
- An email correspondence is added to the case type.
Q7:- On the Case Designer, which two components can users tag with a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP) release for project sizing purposes? (Choose Two)
- A User Mobile App channel
- An approval decision
- An automation
- An external system of record (SOR)
Q8:- Which issue do you address by simulating a data source?(Radio Button)
- In production, the customer database needs to be taken offline overnight for scheduled maintenance.
- You need to capture performance metrics when a case processes large amounts of local data.
- You need to test a save plan for a savable data page that updates the cost of coverage options for insurance policies.
- The product database moves to a new data source that is accessible by a web service, but that is not yet configured.
Q9:- A retail store wants an application to process a new customer loyalty account. The customer enters their contact information, including name, email, phone number, and address. This data entry view is displayed in a data relationship.
What type of data relationship do you create?(Radio Button)
- An Embedded data field
- Case reference field
- A Data reference field
- A Query field
Q10:- A manufacturing company has an Inventory data page that uses page structure. You need to write a single page of data to a single database row in the configured system of record.
Which option fulfills the requirement? (Radio Button)
- Data type
- Database save
Q11:- Which two statements about data records are true? (Choose Two)
- Data records require external storage.
- Data records define permissible values for data fields.
- Data records need unique, user-generated IDs.
- Data records are displayed in a drop-down list by default.
Q12:- In a Credit Card Payment case type, you want to set the yearly fee to USD75.
How do you set the Yearly fee field? (Radio Button)
- Configure field validation on the Yearly fee field.
- Configure the Yearly fee field to reference the minimum amount due.
- In the Data initialization page, set the Yearly fee field to 75.
- Configure the Yearly fee field as a calculated field.
Q13:- You are testing an airline reservation case type that does not yet have a UI configured. You need to verify that changing the PurchaseInsurance field in the Clipboard tool updates the Total Cost field.
In which category of the Clipboard tool would you expect to find the PurchaseInsurance field? (Radio Button)
- User Pages
- Data Pages
- System Pages
- Linked Property Pages
Q14:- You are asked to create a custom status named Open-Review. This status is to be applied to assignments in one application.
How do you satisfy the request? (Radio Button)
- Add the Open-Review status to the Application record for the application.
- Create a field value record named Open-Review for .pyStatus Work and configure an Access When record to apply the status to the correct application.
- Create a field value record named Open-Review for .pyStatus Work with the Apply To class set to the class group.
- Circumstance the existing Open field value record on the application name and update the status value to Open Review.
Q15:- For a car insurance quote case type, you must create a view for the customers to enter their information, to process the request.
What are two primary decisions to make before you add fields to the view? (Choose Two)
- Are processing actions applied to the fields?
- Is field entry required?
- Do the fields require a data source?
- How do users enter values into the fields?
Q16:- In the Answer Area, select the Data Transform configuration that defaults the Quantity property value on a Purchase Request case to 1.
Q18:- Which two requirements ensure that valid data is used in a case? (Choose Two)
- The data is the correct field type.
- The data is organized in a data type.
- The data is locally sourced.
- The data fits the business logic.
Q19:- A requirement states: The tax identification number must contain 10 digits.
How do you configure the field to support this requirement? (Radio Button)
- Configure a validate rule to test the tax identification number pattern.
- Use an edit validate rule that validates the tax identification number pattern.
- Use a decimal property type and make the field required.
- Set the minimum and maximum values to “10” in a text field.
Q20:- University admission application cases automatically advance in the case life cycle if the applicant’s standardized test scores are above a certain threshold. The threshold is determined each year based on the provided national average score.
Which two configurations, when applied together, support this requirement? (Choose Two)
- Configure a process with a decision shape that continues if the TestThreshold Configuration setting is greater than the applicant’s test score.
- Configure a TestThreshold Configuration setting with the national average for the test score threshold.
- Configure a process with a decision shape that continues if the TestThreshold Configuration setting is less than the applicant’s test score.
- Configure a TestThreshold Configuration setting that calculates the national average for the test score threshold.
Q23:- A view listing nearby restaurants have four columns:
- Restaurant name
- Restaurant location
- Thumbnail image of the seating area
- Make a reservation (button)
You want to ensure that users have the information they need to make a reservation regardless of screen size. When viewed on a small screen, you do not need to display the images.
What three configurations, in combination, support the requirements? (Choose Three)
- Set the importance of the Restaurant name and Make reservation columns to Primary.
- Set the importance of the Make reservation column to Primary.
- Set the importance of the Restaurant name column to Primary.
- Set the importance of the image column to Secondary.
- Set the importance of the image column to Other.
- Set the importance of the Restaurant location and Make reservation columns to Secondary.
Q24:- An order form provides four options from which customers select one option.
According to best practice, which of the following two UI control types can be used to minimize clutter on the order form? (Choose Two)
- Radio buttons
Q25:- All managers need to view the Employee vacation requests report in their Manager portal dashboards. Only managers have access to this report.
Which configuration do you perform to fulfill these requirements? (Radio Button)
- Create a new landing page on the Manager portal with the new report saved in a public category.
- Add the report to a public category, and then add the out-of-the-box Reports landing page to the Manager portal.
- Add a report widget to the Manager portal dashboard, and then click Publish to default.
- Add a report widget to the Manager portal dashboard, and then click Publish.
Q26:- Which piece of application content do you localize by using field values? (Radio Button)
- Labels and drop-down values on a section rule
- User instructions in a paragraph rule
- User-editable text in a correspondence rule
- Logos or other images on a harness rule
Q27:- Which two statements are true about styling controls in App Studio? (Choose Two)
- Developers can configure a Date Time control to display as a text input field, drop-down list, or calendar control.
- Developers can configure a text input control to change the background when users click the control.
- Developers create a new style format to apply styling to an out-of-the-box button control.
- Developers can configure a button control to hide when users click the control.
Q29:- A business architect has developed a new process for a case type. To verify that the UI elements collect the expected results, you want to test the process and the fields.
Which two configurations, when used together, allow you to record a set of interactions and save the test results to verify process functionality? (Choose Two)
- Create a unit test for the case type.
- Create a scenario test for the case type.
- Add explicit assertions on the UI elements.
- Add explicit assertions on the Scenario testing landing page.
Q30:- Which two configuration steps must be performed together to record a unit test for automated testing? (Choose Two)
- Add a test case to the Automated Testing landing page.
- Select a ruleset that is configured to store the results of the test.
- Select a ruleset that is configured to store automated test cases.
- Add an assertion to define an expected result.
Q31:- You are configuring routing for a customer warranty service request. All warranty service requests are routed to the warranty resolution group except for warranty service requests for a beta-release product that requires review by the vice president of service.
How do you configure assignment routing to review warranty service requests? (Radio Button)
- Route the assignment to the vice president of service who routes assignments to the warranty resolution group as needed.
- Route the assignment to the skilled group for the beta release when the request is for the beta release. Otherwise, route the assignment to the warranty resolution group.
- Route the assignment to the vice president of service when the request is for the beta release. Otherwise, route the assignment to the warranty resolution group.
- Ja CSRoute the assignment to the warranty resolution group which sends an email notification to the vice president of service for the beta-release product.
Q32:- In an application for a credit limit increase, customers with Standard credit cards must provide employment information in an Employment verification process. Platinum credit card customers who request a credit limit increase automatically skip this process.
How do you implement this requirement? (RadioButton)
- Add a custom condition to start the Employment verification process if the card type is Standard.
- Add a validation condition to the Card type field to conditionally continue the process.
- Add an Approve/Reject step to test whether the credit card type is Standard or Platinum.
- Add a Boolean field to the view that customers enable if they have a Platinum credit card.
Q33:- Select each Use Case on the left and drag it to the appropriate Automation on the right.
Q34:- A publishing company works with vendors to translate their content from English to different languages. The project manager must send all translation quotes to their manager for review and approval.
If the quote is more than USD5000, it must also be approved by the director.
If the quote is more than USD10000, it must also be approved by the vice president.
How do you configure the case life cycle to support this behavior?
- Configure an approval step as a cascading approval with a reporting structure that uses custom approvals.
- Configure an approval step as a cascading approval with a reporting structure that uses all levels.
- Configure an approval step as a cascading approval with an authority matrix.
- Configure a series of approval steps that are configured as single-level approvals.
Q35:- Which scenario is a use case for the Wait step?
- A payroll user cannot process a salary increase until the department manager approves the increase.
- The customer cannot complete an application for a checking account until a bank representative reviews their credit report.
- The customer needs to log in to their account before receiving a membership discount on an online purchase.
- An agent needs to send a confirmation email to an insured customer after they complete a form.
Q36:- Which studio do you use to configure a service level agreement (SLA) with a passed deadline? (RadioButton)
- Admin Studio
- App Studio
- Prediction Studio
- Dev Studio
Q37:- A requirement states: When a customer applies for a credit card, a credit check must be completed in order for the credit card to be approved.
Select the case type relationship that satisfies the requirement. (RadioButton)
- Make credit card request for a child case of credit check.
- Make credit check a spin-off case of credit card request.
- Make credit check a child case of credit card request.
- Make both loan requests and credit check top cases.
Q38:- In which two situations is it appropriate to use a decision table? (Choose Two)
- Order total is calculated based on the quantity and price of the items in the customer’s shopping cart.
- A hair care company suggests a line of products to customers based on their hair type, scalp moisture, hair moisture, and whether it is color-treated.
- A gym recommends a membership type based on the number and type of fitness classes the customer wants to attend every month.
- If customers decide to add insurance, checked bags, or early boarding to their airline tickets, extra fees are added to their order total.
Q39:- Which scenario requires you to configure correspondence? (RadioButton)
- A case worker receives a new insurance claim in their work queue.
- A case worker receives an email when the insurance claim is routed to their worklist.
- A case worker calls a customer for additional information about the case.
- A case worker receives a mobile push notification to approve an insurance claim.
Q40:- Which two scenarios require you to configure conditional processing within the case type? (Choose Two)
- A scholarship eligibility application requires students to enter standardized test scores. Students with qualifying test scores can schedule an interview. Students without qualifying test scores receive a rejection email.
- A catering booking application requires customers to enter information about the expected party size, event date, and event time. When customers submit the information, the catering company sends a confirmation email.
- An application requires customers to select the type of request in a drop-down list. The system routes the request to the appropriate department work queue. A user with access to the work queue processes the case through fulfillment.
- A shopping application requires a guest to fill out payment information. A user who enters a membership number skips the payment information step.
Q41:- An internet provider determines the best internet speed for a customer based on the customer’s answers to a series of nested questions, such as whether the customer is seeking service for a business or for a residence and what their expected internet usage is.
Which feature do you use to configure the application to recommend an internet speed based on the customer’s responses? (RadioButton)
- Configure a process with multiple decision shapes.
- Configure a view that displays the customer’s responses.
- Configure a decision tree.
- Configure a decision table.
Q42:- A requirement states: A customer can update an address at any point during case processing by performing the following steps.
- The customer submits the new address.
- The application verifies that the address matches postal service requirements.
- The customer then confirms the corrected address.
How do you configure this requirement? (RadioButton)
- Add a case-wide optional action to the workflow to submit a new address.
- Add an alternate stage to the case life cycle to change the address.
- Add a button to each assignment to present the customer with a form to submit a new address.
- Add a case-wide optional action to the workflow to perform the address change process.
Q43:- A company often receives multiple IT tickets for the same issue, such as “the office Wi-Fi is down.” You configure a Search duplicate cases step to identify duplicate IT tickets.
What is the basic condition for the Search duplicate cases step?(RadioButton)
- Name of submitter is same
- Office location is same
- Issue type is same
- Department is same
Q44:- You are developing a Visa case type to process entry visa applications. As part of the process, applicants schedule an interview with the consulate. An Interview child case is created for the interview process. Following the interview, the consulate reaches a decision within 48 hours or more. For the Visa case to proceed to applicant notification, the Interview case needs to be resolved.
After you create the Interview child case, how do you configure the case type to achieve the required behavior?(RadioButton)
- Following the Create Case step, add a Wait step that pauses the parent case until the Interview case reaches the Resolved status.
- Following the Create Case step, add a Wait step that pauses the parent case until the applicant schedules the interview.
- Following the Create Case step, add a service-level agreement (SLA) that escalates the parent case after 48 hours.
- Following the Create Case step, add an Interview step that is automatically resolved after 48 hours.
Q45:- A case type for voiceover requests includes two tasks: Edit Script and Record Script. Your team has been asked to route Edit Script tasks to editors and Record Script tasks to actors.
Which approach fulfills this requirement?(RadioButton)
- Create two new work queues, one for editors and one for actors.
- Create one work group for both personas and route to the work group.
- Create two new work groups in Dev Studio that reference one work queue.
- Create one new work queue and split the tasks by type.
Q46:- How do you indicate the progress of a case toward resolution? (RadioButton)
- Apply service levels to the assignment steps.
- Configure a case notes field to capture progress information.
- Update the case status on the appropriate steps.
- Design intent-driven user interfaces.
Q47:- In a claims application, customers can file home insurance claims. Each claim contains a list of items of loss. Depending on the situation, some claims are investigated for potential fraud in parallel to the actual claim process.
Which two case types do you create to support this scenario? (Choose Two)
- Items of loss
- Fraud investigation
Q50:- Which two configurations, when used together, allow you to track updates to fields in your application? (Choose Two)
- Enable field-level auditing on the view.
- Add the Administrator role to the case type.
- Select the field that you want to track.
- Enable field auditing on the Case type landing page.
Q51:- An internal application currently grants 75 employees access to one of four roles: Admin, Author, User, and Manager. A new analyst that joins the company requires all the Author role access but only some of the reporting capabilities available to the Manager role.
How do you satisfy this security requirement? (RadioButton)
- Add the analyst to the Manager role.
- Update the Author role to include the required analyst reports.
- Create a new Analyst role with the required access.
- Add the analyst to both the Author role and the Manager role.
Q53:- Which statement most accurately describes the use of Pega Mobile Preview? (RadioButton)
- Pega Mobile Preview allows you to configure the application user interface.
- Pega Mobile Preview allows you to simulate a Pega application on a mobile device.
- Pega Mobile Preview models a typical user interaction to scenario test a mobile app.
- Pega Mobile Preview simulates user loads to test mobile app performance.
Q54:- ABC BankCorp wants to create a mobile app experience for users and CSRs for its Transaction Dispute application.
Of the following requirements, which option requires you to configure distinct mobile app channels?(RadioButton)
- The mobile app customizes currency units and date/time format according to the location of the users.
- CSRs can create other case-type instances on the mobile app.
- The mobile app supports all mobile phone operating systems.
- Mobile app color palettes are different for users and CSRs.
Q55:- Which two options can you configure for a mobile app channel? (Choose Two)
- Design how UI elements render across different mobile devices.
- Define security behavior for a mobile app such as biometric identifiers.
- Define the UI behavior for each view in a case type when the case is displayed on a mobile device.
- Manage administrative functions such as access to log files.
Q57:- A purchase request list report includes columns for case ID and regional cost center. A manager wants the report to show the total number of purchase requests for each of the regional cost centers.
How do you configure the report definition? (RadioButton)
- Define a function for the cost center column to total the case IDs.
- Create a filter for each cost center and count the case IDs.
- Summarize the regional cost centers by count.
- Summarize the case ID column by count.
Q58:- Which two statements are true about insights? (Choose Two)
- You can transform data queries into sharable visualizations.
- You can edit application data directly in an insight.
- You can search for and select the fields that you want to include in an insight.
- You can transform sharable visualizations into data queries.
Q60:- Which option follows best practices for naming a ruleset in the Pega Platform? (RadioButton)
- Credit Check:03-01-02